College Scholarship Opportunities
- University of Kentucky has multiple up-to-full-tuition scholarships targeted to graduates of Urban Debate Leagues and a strong interest in CDL debaters. Recent CDL alums like Maria Sanchez (Northside), Stephani Lopez (Phoenix Military), Marcel Roman (Whitney Young), Veronica Martinez (Ogden), and Josh Kendrick (Kennedy) have received full-tuition scholarships to debate at UK. Current Seniors should apply for both UDL and Parker Diversity Scholarship by December 1st. For more information, please contact David Arnett at email@example.com.
Here is the urban debate scholarship:
And here is the Parker Diversity Scholarship:
- Loyola University Chicago has a debate scholarship application, which can be accessed here. Scholarships range from $1,000 – $7,000, depending on debate aptitude and need. The Director of Debate, David Romanelli, invites CDL seniors who have not yet committed to a college in the fall — and all juniors — to apply to Loyola, which has probably the largest number of CDL alums on their debate team every season.
- State University of West Georgia has scholarship money and is noted for their attention to student academics, including a notable recent success story in Hakeem Muhammad, an alum of King College Prep. For more information, please contact Michael Hester at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Illinois College has a strong interest in CDL debaters and is a few hours’ drive from Chicago in Jacksonville (Central Illinois). Professor Courtney Wright, who is the Director of Debate there, is interested in having your students contact him about scholarship opportunities: email@example.com
- University of Central Florida’s Nick Sciullo has interest in recruiting CDL debaters to his university. Please contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Regis University in Denver is interested in CDL debaters and Director of Forensics Jon Denzler can be contacted at email@example.com.
- NAUDL has a somewhat outdated list of college debate teams offering scholarships, notably including Samford, Indiana, SIU, Wake Forest, USC, Emory, Emporia, UNLV and Baylor.
- A full list of all colleges that have debate programs (both policy debate and parliamentary debate) can be found here.