*UPDATE: Mid-May 2017* – Over 100 students signed up already!
Announcing our 2017 Summer Camps!
- Middle School students entering 6th grade through 8th grade (CMSDI)
- High School students entering 9th grade through 12th grade (CDSI)
What: Chicago Debate Summer Institute and Chicago Middle School Debate Institute
When: July 24th – August 4th, M-F 9 am – 3:30 pm
Where: Whitney M. Young Magnet High School, 211 S Laflin St, Chicago, IL 60607
- Fun, supportive environment with students from throughout Chicago area
- Great staff drawn from the best teachers in Chicago, successful CPS alums, and instructors with national college coaching experience
- Free lunch!
- Free CTA passes for CPS students
- Tuition free for Title I (free/reduced lunch eligible) CPS students ($25 registration fee)
- Lowest cost camp in the Midwest for all other students:
CPS Non-Title I* (not free/reduced lunch eligible) students – $375 for 10 full days of instruction (plus $25 registration fee, limited scholarships available)
Non-CPS students – $600 for 10 full days of instruction (plus $25 registration fee)
*“Grandfathered” rates for 2016-2017 Guest Schools: $375 for 10 full days of instruction plus $25 registration fee.
Please Note: You will be fully registered upon receipt of your $25 registration fee and tuition payment (if applicable). Submit your payments through this payment link or send check or money order to: Chicago Debate Commission, 200 S. Michigan Avenue Suite 1040, Chicago IL 60604.
For students who can only attend the first week of instruction, there will be a waitlist that will be kept until July. All two-week registered students will take priority until we reach our capacity and we highly recommend students attend all 10 days of instruction if they can. No students will be allowed to attend for just the second week of instruction – they would be too far behind to catch up.
If you have any questions email register@chicagodebateleague.