CDSI Teacher Positions – 7 Openings Available (Must be Available 7/18 – 8/12)
In planning for the 2011 CDSI, we have the opportunity for seven certified CPS teachers to be hired among our staff this summer.
The commitment is for four weeks, Monday – Friday from 8:15 am – 4 pm. This requires one week of professional development and CDSI preparation from 7/18 – 7/22 and three weeks of instruction at Westinghouse College Prep from 7/25 – 8/12. Compensation is $4900.
A job description and a CDSI instructor application are available and should be sent to CDSI Director David Song at email@example.com. The latest applications would be considered would be 4/26, but sending in earlier is advised for strongest consideration as we may extend offers to in advance of that deadline to very qualified candidates who have applied.
Some of the things we’re looking for:
- Consistent record of leading students from a diversity of experience levels and backgrounds to competitive success and enthusiastic participation
- Experience in coaching debate technique and content (whether developed as a former debater or as a coach)
- Enthusiasm and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team – this is critical as all CDSI instruction occurs in “labs” where instructors have to work successfully with colleagues in planning daily instruction
- Previous, successful experience in leading instruction at a summer institute and working with students of different levels
- Ability to take direction and input, adapt instruction methods to situation required, and work with a staff ranging from recent CDL alums to college debaters to national-circuit coaches to experienced teachers in a productive, constructive fashion
- Reliability and ability to maintain a positive, energetic attitude toward the CDSI and its daily activities for instructors, which will include things such as helping with meal service on a rotating basis, assisting with and leading cleanup of classrooms and lunchroom as needed, and taking daily attendance
All others interested in being an instructor at the CDSI, whether non-teacher adults out of college (Senior Instructors) or current college students (Junior Instructors), should use the CDSI instructor application and must be available from 7/25 – 8/12. Applications should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org – payment for non-teacher instructors will be determined in process of hiring based upon experience level and qualifications.